Solve Redsnow Stuck On “Waiting For Reboot” Problem
The iPhone Dev Team has launched the quickest jailbreaks ever – RedsnOw 0.9.6 beta for Windows to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. The same team had earlier released redsnOw0.9.6 for Mac OSX. RedsnOw is useful to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. RedsnOw 0.9.6b 1 with the pwnage 2DFU, claims that the team has been using the same, right from 2x days.
It is however not inclusive of SHAtter exploit by pod2g and does not disclose anything of this jailbreak to Apple.
iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G users do have a few tips to read into the jailbreak.
* Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 With RedsnOw 0.9.6 on Windows.
* Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.1 Using redsnOw for Windows.
Many users received the ‘Waiting for Reboot message’ while at jailbreaking methods. Maybe you can make use of other solutions to this problem.
RedsnOw ‘Waiting for Reboot’ solution 1:
* You need to check and be assured that the IPSW file used is apt for your device.
Red snow ‘Waiting for Reboot’ solution 2:
* In case it is a 64 bit OS you are using, and then run the redsnOw tool in a 32 bit Windows XP adjustable mode. That may be the answer to your problem.
RedsnOw ‘Waiting for Reboot’ solution 3:
* Unplug and plug in your device back while redsnOw is functioning. It may require several tries before it works.
RedsnOw ‘Waiting for Reboot’ solution 4:
* The USB cable from the computer needs to be unplugged and plugged back at another USB port, giving importance to a port near the computer and not a hub.
It is very essential to note that unless and until you are a pro at jailbreaking, and taking full responsibility of it, it should never be attempted. It is not a carrier and if you are not a registered UDID with Apple, updating the OS will also upgrade your base band as well as lock your iPhone or iPod.